|Nericid Forte Fatty |
Potent topical corticoid preparation
Each 1 gm Nericid forte fatty ointment contains :
Diflucortolone Valerate. (0.3%) 3 mg
Nericid forte fatty ointment - complementary to the 0.1% Nericid preparation - is a
specially potent preparation for the treatment of problematical dermatoses.
Diflucortolone Valerate , the active substance of Nericid forte fatty ointment ,
suppresses inflammation in inflammatory and allergic skin conditions and
alleviates the subjective complaints, such as itching , burning and pain.
Indications & usage :
Problematical dermatoses such as psoriasis vulgaris ,neurodermatitis ( endogenous eczema , atopic dermatitis ) lichen ruber planus and verrucosus, erythematoses ,
chronicus discoides, severe conditions of chronic eczema.
- Tuberculous or syphilitic processes in the area to be treated; virus diseases ( e.g.
vaccinia, smallpox, chickenpox)
- Infants and children up to the age of 4 years must not be treated with Nericid forte
- During the first trimester of pregnancy, topical preparations containing corticoids,
should not be used in large amounts or for prolonged periods . - The preparation should never be applied to the face .
- Acne vulgaris , undiganosed perianal & genital pruritis , napkin rash, primary
bacterial or fungal infections of the skin .
- Secondary infections in the absence of appropriate anti-infective therapy.
- It is not suitable for ophthalmic conditions.
The following reactions may occur when Nericid forte fatty ointment is applied to large areas of the body ( from about 10% and more ) and/ or for long periods of time ( more than 10 days) .
- local concomitant symptoms such as atrophy of the skin, telangiectasia striae, acneform changes of the skin, perioral dermatitis, increased growth of body hair(hypertrichosis) and systemic effects of the corticoid due to absorption, In rare cases allergic skin reactions may occur. - Topical corticosteroid may be hazardous in psoriasis due to rebound relapses
following development of tolerance , risk generalized pustular psoriasis and local & systemic toxicity, so careful patient supervision is important .
Warnings & precautions :
- Additional, specific therapy is required in bacterially infected skin
diseases and / or in fungus infections .
- Since absorption is increased with the use of occlusive dressings, these shouldn’t be left on for more than 24 hours .
- If secondary infection occurs during treatment , the use of occlusive dressing should be stopped until the infection has been eliminated .
Dosage & administration:
Nericid forte fatty ointment is intended for short term ( 1 to maximally 2 weeks ) use only primarily at the start of therapy and for acute attacks. This holds in particular for patients with neurodermatitis. Unless otherwise prescribed by the doctor.
Nericid forte fatty ointment is applied thinly twice a day.
For further treatment, the patient should be switched to the lower dosed Nericid
preparations with 0.1 % diflucortolone valerate.
Tubes of 10 g
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 oc .