Each 1ml contains :
Diclofenac sodium 1 mg .
Optoflame eye drops contains diclofenac sodium as an active substance
which has a potent anti-inflammatory effect , through inhibition of
prostaglandin synthetase enzyme .
Indications & usage :
- Post-operative inflammation in patients who have undergone cataract
- Photophobia in patients undergoing incisional refractive surgery .
- Hypersensitivity to diclofenac .
- In pregnancy except if clearly needed .
- Late pregnancy – pediatrics .
- Patients concurrently wearing soft contact lenses .
- Patients wearing hydrogel soft contact lenses who have concurrently
experienced ocular irritation manifested by redness and burning .
Side effects :
- Keratitis , anterior chamber reaction and ocular allergy .
- Mild to moderate transient stinging and or blurred vision may be occur .
Drug interactions :
Concomitant use of Optoflame eye drop with topical steroids may increase the
potential for healing problems .
Warnings and precautions:
Should not be used over contact lenses .
Use with care in patients sensitive to acetyl salicylic acid or non steroidal
anti – inflammatory drugs .
Use with caution in patients who are known to be had bleeding tendency or
who are receiving other medications that may prolong bleeding time .
Dosage and administration:
One drop 3 – 5 times daily according to the patient's condition and the
instruction of the physician .
Self dropper plastic bottle of 5 ml .
Store at a temperature ( 15-25 ) o C .