|Cidal C |
Non narcotic analgesic
Each tablet contains :
Salicylamide 500 mg .
Vitamin C 50 mg .
Cidal - C tablets is a combination of two important factors in the treatment of common cold and rheumatic pains :
Salicylamide is much better tolerated than other derivatives of salicylic acid. It exerts antipyretic , analgesic and anti-rheumatic actions.
Vitamin C has a useful prophylactic effect , and a beneficial therapeutic action
when used in common cold .It stimulates the defensive mechanism of the body and it is essential for maintenance of healthy state of the intercellular ground substance .
Indications & usage :
- Headache and common cold .
- Pyrexia .
- Rheumatic pain .
- Rheumatic fever .
- Neuralgia .
Breast feeding .
Gastrointestinal ulceration .
Side effects :
Generally side effects of Cidal C are mild and infrequent including :-
- Gastrointestinal irritation which can be reduced by taking drug after food .
- Increased bleeding time .
- Bronchospasm and skin reaction in hypersensitive patients .
Ascorbic acid may increase the absorption of iron in iron-deficiency states.
Warnings & precautions :
- Caution is required in the following cases :
- Elderly and asthmatic patients .
- Patients with renal or hepatic impairment .
- Cases of glucose -6- phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency .
- Not to be used in high doses during the last three months of pregnancy .
- The physician must be consulted when Cidal C is used for children under
12 years old .
Dosage & administration :
1 – 2 tablets 2 – 3 times daily preferably after food .
A carton box containing 20 Tablets .
Store at a temperature below 30 oc and R.H below 70 %