|Vitacid C |
Single vitamin ( ascorbic acid )
Each sachet (4 gm) contains :
Vitamin C ( Ascorbic acid ) 500 mg
Vitacid C effervescent granules is formulated in a highly absorbable form, with orange flavor it is very well tolerated by adults and children.
Vitamin C is an essential co-enzyme for collagen formation, tissue repair and synthesis of lipids and proteins. It acts both as a reducing agent and as antioxidant. It is necessary for many physiologic functions e.g. metabolism of iron, carbohydrate and folic acid, resistance to infection, cellular respiration and preservation of blood vessel integrity.
Indications & usage:
Symptoms of vitamin C deficiency such as gingivitis, bleeding gums and
Prevention and treatment of scurvy.
Symptomatic relief of common cold and influenza (it prevent common cold and
shortens its duration).
Pregnancy and lactation.
Vitamin C requirements are also significantly increased in certain diseases and
conditions such as tuberculosis, hyperthyroidism, peptic ulcer, neoplastic
disease, febrile states, chronic illness and infections (whooping cough,
pneumonia, sinusitis and rheumatic fever).
Hemovascular disorders, burns and delayed fracture and wound healing.
History of hypersensitivity to vitamin C
Large doses may cause diarrhea.
- Acidification of urine of vitamin C may cause precipitation of urate or oxalate stones and will alter the excretion of certain drugs administered concomitantly.
- Vitamin C may produce false results of urinary glucose test in diabetics.
- Large doses of vitamin C may interfere with anticoagulant effect of Warfarin.
- Ascorbic acid may increase the absorption of iron in iron deficiency state .
Warnings & precautions:
Vitamin C should be used cautiously in the following cases :
* Patients on sodium restricted diets.
* Patient taking anticoagulants.
* Recurrent renal calculi.
Vitamin C should be used in the therapeutic dose during pregnancy and
Dosage & administration:
One sachet (500 mg) in a half glass of water 1-2 times daily or as prescribed by physician.
Carton box containing 12 sachets.
Keep the tube tightly closed.
Store below 30ºC & R.H. below 70%
(The cover of the tube contains a substance, which absorbs moisture).