|Tricho gel |
( Vaginal gel )
Anti-infective vaginal preparation
Each 100 g contain :
Metronidazole 0.75 g .
TRICHO - Gel vaginal contains metronidazole which is active against certain bacterial and protozoal infections .
Its mode of action is not well understood but it may be by inhibiting synthesis of DNA in microbial cells causing death of the microorganism.
Indications & usage :
- Treatment of bacterial vaginosis.
- Treatment of trichomonal vaginitis.
Hypersensitivity to metronidazole , parabens , or other nitroimidazole derivatives.
Side effects :
The following side effects may occur in rare cases:
- Candida cervicitis and / or vaginitis.
- Vulvar itching and vulvar swelling
- Cramps / pain in abdomen and uterus , nausea , urinary frequency.
- Headache and dizziness.
Drug interactions :
- Metronidazole may potentiate anticoagulant effect of coumarin .
Warnings & Precautions :
-The appearance of abnormal neurologic signs demands the prompt discontinuation
- It should be administered with caution to patients with central nervous system
- Not contact with the eye , and if it occurred rinse the eye with copious amount
of cool tap water
- Metronidazole vaginal gel should not be administered to patients have taken
disulfiram within the last two weeks.
- Metronidazole vaginal gel should be administered cautiously to patients with severe
hepatic disease .
- Used in pregnancy only if clearly needed.
Dosage & administration :
One applicator full of TRICHO - Gel intravaginally applied twice daily once in the
morning and once in the evening for 5 days.
Tube of 30 gm with applicator.