|Migracid Tablets |
For adults on1y
Each tablet contains:
Paracetamol 500 mg .
Metoclopramide HCl 10 mg .
Migracid tablets is one of the most effective therapy for the management of migraine.
It combines analgesic (paracetamol) and antiemetic (metoclopramide) properties.
The paracetamol and metoclopramide are claimed to reduce the frequency and severity of headache and assist in allaying nausea and vomiting that often accompany a migraine attack .
Clinical experience and some comparative trials indicated that the mixture gives greater relief of symptoms than the components given separately .
Metoclopramide which probably acts as antiemetic is reported to increase absorption of paracetamol .
Indications & usage :
- Do not use in situation where stimulation of gastro-intestinal motility
might be dangerous.
- Contraindicated in patients with pheochromocytoma.
- Sensitivity or intolerance to its components .
Side effects :
- Extra pyramidal symptoms occur in approximately 0. 2 % - 1 % .
- Depression may occur .
Drug interactions :
- Migracid has been suggested that it should not be given to patients receiving
- Caution should be observed when using metoclopramide in patients
taking other drugs that can also cause extra pyramidal reactions , such as the phenothiazines .
- Metoclopramide may diminish absorption of digoxin from stomach and
so decreases the therapeutic effect of digoxin .
Metoclopramide may increases prolactin blood concentrations and
therefore interferes with drugs which have a hypoprolactinaemic effect
such as bromocriptine .
- Concurrent use of paracetamol with anticoagulant , anti-inflammatory drugs
and CNS stimulants are not recommended .
Warnings & Precaution:
Do not use in epileptic patients.
Dosage & administration:
1-2 tablets at the start of attack, repeated at intervals of 4 hours, maximum dose
3 - 6 tablets daily.
Box of 20 tablets (2 strips of 10 tablets each ) .
Store at a temperature not exceeding 30 oc ,and R.H 30 % ,away from light .